ARTEKS has prepared this POLICY to explain which cookies are used on the SITE and how visitors can manage their preferences.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are very small text files, usually consisting of letters and numbers, that are saved on your computer or other devices, such as a smartphone or tablet, by browsers that you visit. Cookies do not contain personal data about visitors, such as name, gender or address.
Cookies are generated by servers that manage the website you visit. This way, the server can understand when a visitor visits the same site. Cookies can be likened to identity cards that show website owners that the same visitor revisits the site.
Which Cookies Are Used?
Cookies; holders can be classified in terms of their useful life and intended use.
SITE cookies and third party cookies are used according to their ownership. SITE cookies are managed by the SITE server, while third-party cookies are managed by different companies.
Session cookies and persistent cookies are used according to their lifetime. Session cookies are deleted when the visitor leaves the SITE, while persistent cookies remain on the visitors’ devices for varying periods of time.
The site uses technical cookies, verification cookies, targeting / advertising cookies, personalization cookies and analytical cookies according to their intended use.
Session cookies are temporary cookies used by our visitors during their visit to the SITE, which are deleted after users log out of the SITE.
The main purpose of using such cookies is to ensure the proper functioning of the SITE during your visit. For example; they allow you to fill in multiple forms of online forms.
Persistent cookies are the types of cookies used to increase the functionality of the SITE and to provide a faster and better service to our visitors. Such cookies are used to remember visitor preferences and are stored on the device used by browsers.
Some types of persistent cookies may be used to provide you with specific recommendations, taking into account the purpose of your use of the SITE.
With persistent cookies, if you visit the same device again, it will check whether your device has a cookie created by the SITE, and if so, it will tell you that you have visited the site before, and the content to be communicated to you will be determined accordingly and a better service will be provided to you.
With the use of technical cookies, the operation of the SITE is ensured and non-functioning pages and areas of the website are determined.
In the event that visitors enter the SITE by using their passwords, such cookies are used to determine that the visitor is the site user on each page visited by the SITE, preventing the user from re-entering the password on each page.
Targeting / Ad Cookies
The types of cookies used to customize the ads served to users on the SITE and to prevent the display of ads that have already been displayed.
Cookies are used to remember users’ preferences when visiting different SITE pages. For example, remembering your choice of language.
Analytical cookies are the cookies that provide the production of analytical results such as the number of visitors to the SITE, detection of the pages displayed on the SITE, hours of SITE visits, and scrolling of SITE pages.
Why Cookies Are Used?
On the SITE, cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To perform the basic functions necessary for the operation of the SITE. For example, SITE members can login with membership information.
- Analyze the SITE and improve the performance of the SITE. For example, determining the number of visitors to the SITE and adjusting performance accordingly, or facilitating visitors to find what they are looking for.
- Increase the functionality of the SITE and provide ease of use. For example, remembering user name or search queries on a subsequent visit of the visitor to the SITE or linking to third-party social media activities through the SITE.
- Perform personalization, targeting and advertising activity. For example, showing ads about visitors’ interests on the pages and products that visitors view.
How to Manage Cookie Preferences
It is very important for the SITE that visitors can freely use their preferences as to which personal data may be collected. However, preference management is not possible for cookies that are mandatory for the SITE to operate. Please also note that if certain cookies are turned off, the various functions of the SITE may not work.
Information about how you can manage preferences for cookies used on the SITE is as follows:
Click to close Cookies managed by Google Analytics.
Click to manage the personalized advertising experience provided by Google.
Click to manage the personalized advertising experience provided by Facebook
Click to manage the personalized advertising experience provided by Twitter.
Click to manage the personalized advertising experience provided by LinkedIn.
If you are not a member of Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn; you can check your preferences for cookies used by this and many other platforms through the following websites.
The settings menu of the mobile device can be used to manage cookies via mobile devices.
What Rights Do Visitors Have?
In accordance with Article 11 of the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698, visitors should apply to MRS CARDBOARD;
- To learn whether personal data is processed,
- Request information if personal data is processed,
- Learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used in accordance with their purpose,
- Knowing the third parties to whom personal data is transferred at home or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and to inform the third parties to whom the personal data are transferred,
- Although it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the Law and other relevant laws, to request the deletion or destruction of the personal data in case of the disappearance of the reasons requiring processing and to notify the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- In the event that the personal data is damaged due to unlawful processing, it has the right to demand the damages.
Changes in Consent and Policy
ARTEKS may change the provisions of POLICY at any time. Current POLICY becomes effective on the date it is published on the SITE.